We welcome visits to the school, please contact the school office on 01304 611360 to arrange a visit.
As well as our reception intake each September, we currently have a few spaces in some of our other year groups.
As a parent, choosing the right school for your child can be challenging. We hope to give you some information you need to help you decide whether Eastry is that school.
We are very proud of our school which has been serving the village of Eastry and surrounding area for over 150 years. We are graded outstanding by OFSTED in October 2009.
“the school provides an outstanding education for all its pupils”
We were also graded outstanding in SCIENCE OFSTED 2011 and CHURCH SCHOOL 2014. We are really proud of these achievements.
Our school provides a safe, happy and secure environment where we strive for the children to reach their potential; academically, physically, socially and morally.
We foster an ethos of compassion and endeavour, encouraging the children to understand the feelings of others, respect the values of others and to consider their own attitudes, values and beliefs.
We have close links with our village church, St. Mary the Virgin, and we are proud of the links we have with other village organisations.
We are an open school and are committed to the positive partnership between home and school.
At Eastry Church of England Primary School we aim to promote Christian values and a sense of self worth in both children and staff within a happy, safe and secure environment. Every child is encouraged and challenged to fulfil their full potential and have respect and consideration for themselves, their peers and the world around them.
- Our school is a family where children and adults will learn together. We aim to do this by:
- Creating a caring environment where children value learning, experience success and grow in self esteem.
- Developing children’s own strategies for learning and improvement.
- Developing lively and enquiring minds.
- Encouraging children to communicate confidently and clearly.
- Maximising achievement through clear expectations and the promotion of high standards.
- Taking into account the children’s preferred learning styles.
- Celebrating the children’s achievements.
- Delivering a whole school curriculum that ensures continuity, progression, breadth and balance.
- Providing effective teaching and learning resources to support and enrich the curriculum.
- Maintaining and developing a school behaviour policy that is agreed and understood by children, staff, parents and governors.
- Providing a secure environment for our children.
- Making our environment attractive and stimulating to support and celebrate the children’s learning.
- Helping develop the children into responsible, independent and confident individuals.
- Providing equal opportunities for all.
- Showing sympathy, respect and understanding for others.
Please visit other pages on the website where you can find further information on:
- Our School Day
- School Staff
- Lunch and After School Clubs
- Term Dates
- Class Information
- Teaching and Learning
and lots of other useful information.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit please call the school office on 01304 611360.