Eastry Church of England Primary School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout our school.
There are a number of statutory duties that must be met by every school in line with legislation from the Race Relations Amendment Act 2000, Disability Equality Duty 2005 and Equality Act 2010.
Eastry Church of England Primary School is committed to meeting its public duties and acknowledges that we have a statutory duty to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Promote equality of access and opportunity within our school and our wider community.
- Promote positive attitudes to differences and good relationships between people with different backgrounds, genders, cultures, faiths, abilities and ethnic origins.
The Leadership Team and Governors at Eastry Church of England Primary School regularly review the progress that we are making to meet our equality objectives with regard to protected groups (race, disability, gender reassignment, age, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, sexual orientation, religion and belief) under the Equality Act 2010.
Equality Objectives - 2017-2022
At Eastry Church of England Primary School we are committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all pupils, staff, parents and carers, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background.
In order to further support pupils, raise standards and ensure inclusive teaching, we have set the following objectives:-
- Objective 1 to continue to monitor and analyse pupil achievement by race, gender and disability and act upon any trends or patterns in this data that require additional support for pupils. (School Action Plan)
- Objective 2 to continue to raise levels of attainment in core subjects for vulnerable learners. (School Action Plan)
- Objective 3 to continue to monitor and support attendance of all groups of children in school. (Family Liaison Officer to coordinate)
- Objective 4 to review levels of parental and pupil engagement in learning and school life, across all activities to ensure equity and fairness in access and engagement. (Accessibility Plan)
- Objective 5 to ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to pupils, staff and visitors. (Accessibility Plan)
This statement is supported within the School Action Plan but also works alongside the school’s Accessibility Plan.
These will be reviewed in September 2018